The Yukari model train layout is built inside a (large) drawer under a platform bed in our guest bedroom.
This is the latest project layout as designed in RailModeller Pro. All tracks have been laid, but of course the scenery is not complete. More information about the track plan is available here.
- The layout is built using Tomix Fine Track.
- All trains and trams are from Kato. Most of them are fitted with EM13, FL12 and FR11 DCC decoders.
- I use a Z21 DCC model railway controller, Digikeijs DR4088RB feedback modules for occupancy detection, LDT 1-DEC-DC accessory decoders for controlling the switches, and the Rocrail software running on a Raspberry Pi for controlling the trains.
- Most buildings are from Kato, Tomix, Tomytec, Greenmax or Aoshima.
- Detailing is done with products from Kobaru / Sakatsu Gallery, Evergreen Scale Models, Faller, Tamiya, AK Interactive, Woodlands Scenics and Pro Hobby.
- All LEDs are controlled by Adafruit 12-Channel 16-bit PWM LED Drivers (a full description can be found here) connected to a Raspberry Pi.
- Many projects use Arduino Nano, Seeeduino XIAO and ESP32 microcontrollers, as well as Raspberry Pi Zero W.
- I use a Saleae Logic Pro 8 logic analyzer for all hardware analysis and debugging.
- I use a Proxxon Micromot 50/E drill and a Hakko FX888D digital soldering station.